Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Day Nail Art

Happy Thanksgiving!

I managed to do some fun nail art this year for the holiday. I saw this done by Mucking Fusser, aka the water marble queen. I saw it on Instagram and was instantly like yes, I am doing that this year! Mine did not come out as well of course, but I am still pretty happy with the way they turned out considering I have not marbled in a looong time. Here it is:


No matter what, I always get air bubbles!

I would definitely say my middle finger came out the best. The way I made the design on the water made it very hard to place my finger in, and then I of course realized when I was done that I could have just placed my finger in a different way.... oh well.

I started out with one coat of OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Walls (Spiderman Collection Spring 2012).

The colors I used for the marble are also all OPI:
Coca-Cola Red (Coca-Cola Collection Spring 2014)
Toucan Do It If You Try (Brazil Collection Summer 2014)
I Just Can't Copa-Acabana (Brazil Collection 2014)
A-Taupe The Space Needle (Touring America Collection Fall 2011)

Then using a dotting tool, I made the turkey bodies using A-Taupe The Space Needle. This is pretty much my only brown in my collection.

The white for the eyes is My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and the black pupil is Wet n Wild- Black Creme. Lastly, I used Toucan Do It If You Try for the beak!

I hope you liked these as much as I did, and have a fun and happy holiday! Try not to run over anyone with your shopping cart...

No comments:

Post a Comment