Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Crumpet Amateur Nail Art Contest: January

Two posts in a day! I am really taking advantage of winter break before Microbiology takes over my life :(. So, I decided to submit to The Crumpet's nail art contest. It is for bloggers who are just getting started, and you just have to do one of the nail art challenges that she created for the new year!


I decided to go with Day 13: Your cheer yourself up mani. Here it is:


Balloons! I define this as cheer me up because when I got my very first yellow polish wayyy back when, I would always do a rainbow skittles manicure. I haven't done one in a while, so I decided to do a little twist to it.

I recently got my favorites from the Color Club Halo Hues collection, and decided to use the classic silver, Harp On It to represent an abstract version of a rainbow in the sky. Then I used a medium sized dotting tool to make the balloon shapes. The colors on my index finger are China Glaze- Surreal Appeal and Papaya Punch. Middle finger: China Glaze- Happy Go Lucky and Orly- Green Apple. Ring finger: China Glaze- Four Leaf Clover and Aquadelic. Pinky: Finger Paints- Winter Sky and Anise- Violet Falls In Love. Lastly I used the white Orly striper polish for the balloon strings.

I actually really like how these turned out! I only wish I made the balloons bigger because the holo kind of outshines the cute little balloons.

You can see other entries for the contest HERE. Voting starts in a few days so it'd be awesome if you could vote for me :)


1 comment: